Friday, May 22, 2009

Model Shoot!


A few days ago, I had the honor of being requested to do a "Head Shot" for Adam, a young actor/model auditioning on Saturday. This would be the first time that I'd been asked to do something like this.

Last night was the shoot. I have to admit that I was a little nervous, even though this was done for free. The model was nervous too. We both talked a while and did some test shots and began to relax. It was nice knowing how to use the lights thanks to Zack Arias' blog and Joe McNallies The Hot Shoe Diaries. I felt totally comfortable tweaking the flash output, moving the lights around, climbing up on ladders and shooting. The shoot lasted about a hour, with another hour in post (bridge and photoshop) rating 91 images, sorting and doing minor adjustments. I think we got some nice shots.

No comments: